Efficient program to create and manage ISO images
ISO 9660 is the standard that defines the format of any image to be burnt onto an optical disc such as a CD or DVD. In fact, it's the standard that gives it its name, being ISO the file format required. The latter contain all the information necessary to record or burn a CD or DVD.
For such purpose, we usually make use of programs of the likes of Nero, Daemon Tools or CDBurnerXP, efficient recording tools for which this UltraISO is the perfect complement. It's an application with which we can easily create and manage an ISO image, including bootable discs.
The most complete tool to manage ISO images.
And we'll be able to do so thanks to the simple method proposed on its user interface, allowing us to interact with the latter using different command buttons or simply dragging and dropping files on the folders to create an image. Its design isn't a piece of art but it's functional enough in terms of options and distribution, allowing the user to carry out any operation very easily.
- Edit directly the content of an ISO image.
- Function to extract files from an ISO image.
- Add, remove or create new folders and directories within an image.
- Create images from scratch based on documents on a hard drive or on audio discs.
- Remove, add or create boot information on a disc image.
- Compatible with different image formats: ISO, BIN, IMG, CIF, NRG, MDS, CCD, BWI, ISZ, DMG (native of Mac), DAA, UIF, and HFS.
- Hide files.
- Compatible ISO 9660, levels 1, 2, and 3.
Compatible with any PC
It's a tool that will allow us to recover old operating systems to make them work on new computers by means of virtual machines or creating new partitions. Not only is it compatible with the most recent operating systems such as Windows 7, 8.1, and 10, but also with older ones such as Windows 98. You only need a 166 MHz Pentium processor and 64 MB or RAM. Even your current smartphone is more powerful.
The version that you can download for free is a trial edition, therefore, its functions are rather limited, especially in terms of image sizes. On the Internet, you'll be able to find versions uploaded to Mega with cracks, serial keys and all those things that allow you to use it for free, although if you're not too sure about what you're downloading you had better not trust them. In any case, it's probably a better idea to purchase the application if you really like it. Otherwise, it will be impossible for its developers to carry on updating and improving it...
- The trial version has several limitations, like the maximum size of the images.